Check out what we have in store for you in the November Newsletter
Here we are in the fall and only days away from the election—finally! Anyway, this issue of the HCV Advocate newsletter is, in my opinion, one of our best. I hope you think so too!
Please find the following articles:
- HealthWise – Talking to Your Doctor About Hepatitis C Treatment, Getting What’s Best for You by Lucinda K. Porter, RN — Lucinda discusses the importance of working with your doctor, how to fight insurance denials, helpful resources, and other important information.
- HCV Drugs by Alan Franciscus — I discuss two studies—the first one is about Gilead’s salvage therapy to treat the small percentage of people who do not respond to the current standard of care. The second study is an AbbVie study that treated HCV genotype 1b patients for 8 weeks that resulted in very high cure rates.
- Snapshots by Alan Franciscus — I reviewed two studies: The first one is a study conducted in the Veterans Affairs National Health Care System that evaluated all of the current (at that time) direct-acting antivirals (DAAs) medications to understand the cure rates and the ‘real-world’ results vs. results from the clinical trials.
- HCV Drug Pipeline Our Drug Pipeline has been updated with the information about the Gilead data from this month’s newsletter.
- What’s Up!
- Check out our new Easy C fact sheet on the importance of testing for hepatitis B before initiating HCV direct-acting antiviral therapy.
- We have also added many resources to our Trainers page including 2 slide sets—a short presentation and the longer that one we include in our Train-the-Trainer workshops. We also have a list of resources.
Don’t forget to join us for coverage of the Liver Meeting. We will be covering it on our News and Pipeline blog and in the December 2016 and January 2017 HCV Advocate Newsletter.
Alan and the staff of the HCV Advocate Newsletter