Check out what we have in store for you in the December Newsletter
It’s hard to believe that it’s December and 2017 is right around the corner. It’s been a busy year at the HCV Advocate and this month’s issue is no exception. Lucinda K. Porter RN and I have each picked some of our favorite abstracts from this year’s AASLD’s Liver Meeting. Matthew Zielske’s article continues on the theme of research to discuss turning research and education into practice.
- The Five by Alan Franciscus – I have picked five abstracts that I think are some of the most interesting including alcohol and treatment, HBV reactivation during and after HCV treatment, patient descriptions of fatigue (my favorite), curing HCV and diabetes, and the cost of generic direct-acting antiviral medications.
- HealthWise by Lucinda K. Porter—AASLD – Lucinda has picked various abstracts such as payer treatment restrictions, pre-existing liver disease treatment and outcomes of breast cancer, hepatitis C reactivation in patients with cancer, alcohol and treatment outcome, fatigue, HAV and HBV vaccination in people with liver disease, and surveillance and screening of liver cancer.
- HCV Advocate Pipeline has been updated with phase 2 information about AbbVie’s combination of glecaprevir plus pibrentasvir to treat genotype 1, 3,4, 5, and 6. Hint – very high cure rates.
- What’s Up!
Coming Next Month
- The Top News Stories of 2016
- A New Fact Sheet Series: Harm Reduction
Many thanks for your continued support,
Alan and the HCV Advocate team