This last headline isn’t a single news story, but a reminder that May is set aside to increase awareness about viral hepatitis. Hepatitis A outbreaks are increasing; so is the number of new hepatitis C cases. Take some time to contribute to national and global efforts to eliminate viral hepatitis.
Here are some ideas:
- Read the Health and Human Services (HHS) viral hepatitis blog.
- Familiarize yourself with the National Viral Hepatitis Action Plan, and find an item on which you can act.
- Get involved with the CDC’s Know More Hepatitis campaign.
- Explore AtlasPlus, which provides CDC surveillance data for hepatitis A, B, and C, as well as other infectious diseases.
- Get involved with the National Virus Hepatitis Roundtable (NVHR).
- Stay abreast of the latest hepatitis news by reading the HCV Advocate. Use social media to raise awareness.
Share This Page