Check out what we have in store for you in the August Newsletter
It’s August – the hottest month of the year! Hot weather brings me to the need to stay well hydrated with water and clear fluids. To learn more about water read our information factsheet click here http://hcvadvocate.org/wp-content/uploads/2018/04/SEM_Water.pdf
In this month’s HCV Advocate newsletter, the following articles are available:
- HealthWise – Hepatitis C and Sugar by Lucinda Porter, RN – Lucinda discusses effects of sugar on the body, hepatitis C, and fatty liver
- Hepatitis Headlines: (1) State Prisons Fail to Offer Cure to 144,000 Inmates with Deadly Hepatitis C, (2) What’s Being Done to Stop the Spread of Hepatitis A in the Midwest?
- SnapShots by Alan Franciscus:
- Efficacy of sofosbuvir and velpatasvir, with and without ribavirin, in patients with HCV genotype 3 infection and cirrhosis,
- Incidence and spontaneous clearance of hepatitis C (HCV) in PWID at the Stockholm needle exchange – importance for HCV elimination,
- Microenvironment eradication of hepatitis C: A novel treatment paradigm,
- All‐oral direct‐acting antiviral therapy against hepatitis C virus (HCV) in human immunodeficiency virus/HCV–coinfected subjects in real‐world practice: Madrid coinfection registry findings
- Abstract: Use of ribavirin in viruses other than hepatitis C. A review of the evidence,
- Genotype from Punjab, India: Expanding classification of hepatitis C virus into 8 genotypes
- What’s Up!
- The Easy C Guide to HIV and HCV Coinfection
- HIV/HCV Fact Sheet: Depression
- HIV/HCV Coinfection: What Are Drug Interactions?
- HIV/HCV Fact Sheet: The Liver
- Watch our patient video about treating and curing HCV
- Do you have hepatitis C? Get support. Get answers. A free program for patients – PackHealth.
To Your Health,
Alan and the team of the HCV AdvocateShare This Page